[Tugindia] Graphics tutorial

Kaveh Bazargan tugindia@tug.org
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 10:13:15 +0100

At 12:09 pm +0530 20/10/02, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

>[...]
>
>    CVR> Why a screen version should have page numbers, when you're
>    CVR> given sufficient hooks to navigate with hyperlinks, etc?
>
>    HSR> Page numbers and figures number may helpful in discussion and
>    HSR> for quoting purpose.
>
>Yes, you're right. will provide the fig numbers alongside.

I agree about figure numbers, but I am not if page numbers is a good idea.
I take it that this document can, at the touch of a button, be typeset as a
'print' version, with A4 pages, etc. Now for the print version it is usual
to have page numbers. If nothing else, it helps bind the pages in the right
order! I think that if the screen version also has page numbers, there will
be confusion regarding which page number one is referring to, the screen or
the print version.
--

Kaveh Bazargan