[Tugindia] LOST or TOAST

Ajit Ranade tugindia@tug.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:47:04 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, H S Rai wrote:

> >AR> how about TOAST (tex-one-and-half-stanza-tip)?
>
> Excellent!!! Now let us  decide about name. Do we want  it LOST, TOAST
> or TOST and format (LOST #288 is appended below signature). If we keep
> LOST then these tips will be  circulated along with other to the wider
> audience. Please share your views on this.

i didn't mean to replace LOST. and the LOST #288 which points to the latex
tutorial at tugindia site is a great linux tip. but in general i think we
need a *separate* tips database for tex. that's because tex and linux are
very distinct. as you know tex runs on other operating systems also. like
mswindows, amiga, mac-os etc. so putting all tex tips in the LOST database
doesn't make sense, since these will be, well, *lost* in the sea of
linux related tips.

i just thought that TOAST is an idea that can be taken up by tugindia, as
an inspiration from LOST. after pdfscreen, this tips database, and HOWTO
files for tex could become a substantial contribution from india.

> Also decide to whome these tips be submitted and in which format or as
> a trial, we  all can start writing tip below  signature, which will be
> modified or polished by others's comments.

as for the modalities of compiling all tex tips and putting them in
tugindia signature line, we would need someone to volunteer!

regards
ajit.