[Tugindia] how to get total no. of pages

David Kastrup tugindia@tug.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:36:10 +0100

Fr Jerome Cyber Centre <kalidoss@sjctni.edu> writes:

> 1 I want to include a figure in my LaTeX file.
> I am able to generate DVI without any problem.
> But when I use the PDFLATEX, there is an error,
>
> 	unknown file extension eps
>
> I tried the command
> \DeclareGraphicsFileExtension{eps}
> but the problem persists.

Because PDFLaTeX does not support EPS.

> 2. I am also using LaTeXcad and Gnuplot for
> drawing figures and graphs respectively.
> While DVI output comes out alright,
> the PDF output option complains of
>
> 	Non-PDF special ignored.
>
> and the output is faulty.  Both the packages
> mentioned above use epic and eepic packages.
> Perhaps the specials created by these packages
> are ignored.

PDFLaTeX does not support EPS.

> Any help will be highly appreciated.
> Dr. M. Kalidoss, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., F.A.S.I.,
> Reader in Physics,

Well, reading will help also in this case.  I don't know MikTeX, but
you should take a look at the files grfguide.ps and pdfTeX-FAQ.pdf
which should be available in some form in your distribution.

You can use epstopdf for your inclusions, or you can put your whole
document through Dvips and pstopdf.