[Tuglist] Letter w/o subject

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:06:26 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 23 May 2002 at 10:24, H.S.Rai wrote:

   I could not find something like \subject{} to write "Subject"
   in documantclass "letter". Then I have to do it by putting
   "\vspace{0.5cm} Sub: My subject" in \letter{}.

   Is there any other better way to do this.

   Secondly, it print \signature{} left justified. Can we print it
   right justified? I tried with \raggedright, but it did not
   produce any effect. \flushright did right jutified but right
   extreme of text was about centre of paper and not the right
   margin line.

The best way will be to write your own letter.cls, because the
default letter.cls is best suited for the US style of letters. Can
we have a project to write a letter class that might suit Indian
situations and that can provide more hooks for user configuration?
If you volunteer, I can help you.