[Tuglist] New release of the UK TeX FAQ

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Fri, 17 May 2002 16:55:51 +0530 (IST)

I have just released v3.0 of the UK TeX FAQ, both to the web
(http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) and to CTAN (help/uk-tex-faq)

This release represents a major upheaval of a good proportion of the
FAQ; I have re-arranged the questions into what seems to me to more
nearly to represent logical order.  (Note that I don't believe it's
possible to have an entirely logical order, but I believe this new
order is better.)

There are changes to the way in which things are presented, as well
as several new questions (for some of which I am indebted to help
from other people).

However, users should beware.  The structure is sufficiently
different that things may have gone wrong and not been noticed in my
testing. If the FAQ misbehaves for you, in whatever way, feel free
to mail me at the supposed "From" address of this message.

I remain open to suggestions for new questions and answers; the FAQ
itself tells you how to submit such things.

Robin Fairbairns
UK TeX FAQ maintainer