[Tuglist] Calculation in table

Rai hardeep singh tuglist@tug.org.in
Sun, 5 May 2002 14:17:24 +0500 (IST)

On Thu, 2 May 2002, E. Krishnan wrote:

>  On Thu, 2 May 2002, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
>
>  > There are certain packages that can help you like calc and one
>  > another package (I forgot the name) which helps floating point
>  > arithmatic in TeX.
>
>  Let me nudge your memory---the package is fp

Thank you CVR and Krishnan for responding and helping. I got
fp package, but it lacks proper documentation and its Readme
appears me difficut to understand which explain its use.

Although I know there is no substitute for self doing, but
in general small help in begining make learning in shorted
time span.

With this in view may I request for a very samll demo which
may write:

A = 2; B = 3 and A/B = 0.67 as output and on changing A's
value in tex file to 1 it should recalculate A/B = 0.33

What I did some time back to achieve my similar goal was as:

*) Wrote a C++ program to produce necessary calculations and
took output in a file `res.tex' file to have necessary lines
to show values in a table, like \begin{tabular} .... and so
on

*) Includes res.tex using \input{res.tex} in master.tex

*) Wrote a script to run first C++ program then Latex and so
on.

H.S.Rai