[Tuglist] LaTex to pdf

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 2 May 2002 20:18:15 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

> Assuming that you use CMR fonts in your document,
> and that you have
> type1 versions of CMR fonts installed in your
> system, use the
> following command to generate the postscript:
>  dvips -Pcms <input.dvi> -o <output.ps>

I am getting an error message while doing this. It
seems I do not have a config file for cms. I searched
for a config.cms file but is missing in my computer.
Is the problem coming because of this? If so, is there
any solution for this?

> To check whether you have type1 CMR, issue the
> command:
>
>  kpsewhich cmr10.pfb
>
> This should return you:
>
> /opt/TeX/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr10.pfb

This is perfectly fine. I am getting the same output.

And regarding Rai's suggestion of using pdflatex,
I have fairly good number of .eps files in my document
and I have read that pdflatex does not work when one
is having .eps files included in Tex. I tried
converting  my .eps files to .pdf by epstopdf, but
this also gave the same error of having type 3 fonts,
and consequently some missing text when viewed with
xpdf.

Note:

I found a config.cm file and I tried  the option dvips
-Pcm on foo.dvi and converted to foo.ps. This on
further conversion to foo.pdf gave a reasonable
document in xpdf. But, whenever I am including figures
from other softwares it is showing the error message
as mentioned above and thus missing some texts.

With best regards,

Dileep

For live cricket scores download  Yahoo! Score Tracker
 at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html