[Tuglist] LaTex to pdf

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 2 May 2002 13:14:59 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

This subject was discussed sometime back in this list.
CVR had suggested that one can use the command `dvips
-Ppdf <filename>' to generate filename.ps having type
1 fonts (I do not have much idea of what it is). This
.ps file on conversion to pdf with ps2pdf is supposed
to give a pdf file that will not be `ugly' looking in
any pdf viewer.

When I tried the same on my LaTex file, I am getting a
very bad looking document when viewed using xpdf. More
over, it is not showing full text and gives the
following error message;

"Error: This document uses Type 3 fonts - some text
may not be correctly displayed"

When I am omitting option -Ppdf, I am not able to open
the .pdf file generated by ps2pdf in xpdf. However,
there is no difficulty in opening the file using gv.

I checked the previous messages in the list but could
not find any useful references on this error.

With best regards,

Dileep

For live cricket scores download  Yahoo! Score Tracker
 at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html