[Tugindia] Help - GOI style paragraph numbering

E. Krishnan tugindia@tug.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:06:20 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Ajay Shah wrote:

> As you may know, documents produced in the GOI have numbering for
> every paragraph.

> How might we achieve these effects in latex?

There is a sectioning  command named \paragraph in LaTeX, but by default,
paragraphs are not numbered. You can get numbered paragraphs, by setting
the counter "secnumdepth" to 4. If you need some special formatting, such
as numbers sticking out of the left margin, you'll have to tweak the
"\@startsection" command a bit.

I don't know GOI, so I don't know the *style* of numbering in that. If you
give specific details of how you want the numbers to be formatted, I can
give more details. Both styles you refer to can be achieved.

--
Krishnan