[Tugindia] Indentations giving junk

Amitabh Trehan tugindia@tug.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:59:07 +0530

On Sunday 15 Dec 2002 7:54 pm, H S Rai wrote:
> Today at 2:32am +0530 Amitabh Trehan wrote:
> >   to display junk characters, even in verbatim environment.
>
> Never used devnag, so no  soution on that. But general observation. We
> can not have indentations using  tabs. Spaces and Tabs are ignored and
> \indent is required to do indentation.
>
> But, it should not give junk in any case.
 I am sorry, I should clarify. The indentation is in the source file i.e. tab
or similiar whitespace characters which are being read as ^^I by Latex.
As such, no indentation happens in the outpur but \Psi (i.e. the character Psi
)  is printed whereever there was an indentation is in the source file. As
you can now imagine, it'll look pretty poor for verbatimed text.
 If you could have a look at the log file, maybe it'll give some hint.

regds,
Amitabh