[Tuglist] front-end to latex

David Kastrup tuglist@tug.org.in
26 Aug 2002 21:39:30 +0200

Kamala <kamala@sscu.iisc.ernet.in> writes:

> > > On my setup, when I run  xEmacs, and open any tex file,
> > > it give "preview" tab in menu bar.
>
> I dont have this in the xemacs I run. My machine is SuSE 7.3 and the xmacs
> version is 21.4 (patch 4).

preview-latex has its own menu tab only starting with version 0.7.3.
Before, it has been a submenu of AUC TeX's "LaTeX" menu.

Of course, to see this, you need to have both AUC TeX and
preview-latex installed and activated.

> > Does this preview work with an old XEmacs version 20.4. I read in
> > the down load site as below:

We have had problems with XEmacs versions before 21.1.14 or so.
Display problems persist into version 21.4.8 for X11 and 21.4.7 for
Windows.  Some job control problems causing nuisances existed for a
few versions before that.

I would find it hardly likely that preview-latex stands a chance
of working under XEmacs 20.4.

Email: David.Kastrup@t-online.de