[Tuglist] front-end to latex

K N Manoj tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:30:58 +0530

Babu,

Here are the macros that I used to do something like a preview.

Add the following line to your $HOME/.vimrc

autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.tex so <sfile>:h/.tex.vim

Create a file $HOME/.tex.vim with the following lines

cmap mkd :w<CR> :!latex %<CR>
cmap mkp :w<CR> :!pdflatex %<CR>
cmap vd :!xdvi %:r&<CR>
cmap vpdf :!gv %:r.pdf&<CR>
cmap vps :!gv %:r.ps&<CR>
cmap mkb :!bibtex %:r&<CR>

All these commands work in Command mode. E. g., to make a dvi file, press
<ESC><COLON>mkd. You can view the dvi file with <ESC><COLON>vd.

Previewing a pdf file with acroread is difficult; I do not know of an easy
way to reload the file in acroread. Does anyone know how this can be done?

If there is some trouble, we'll fix it next time we meet.

--
K N Manoj,
Texas Instruments India Limited,