[Tuglist] Multimedia & pdfTeX

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
17 Aug 2002 13:23:53 +0530

    Rai> Today at 9:36am +0530 Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

    Rai> Thank you for detailed reply.

    >> \newwrite\tmpout % we define an output stream
    >>
    >> \def\editdoc#1#2#3{\immediate\openout\tmpout=#2

    Rai> Now I tried code appended below. The content of 2.sh is:

    Rai> mplayer RoseBloom.avi

    Rai> which I type on fly.

    Rai> The problem is that I have to "chmod +x" manually, it appers
    Rai> that "write18" is not doing its job. Which thing I am missing
    Rai> or doing wrong.

Ah, I should have told you about the shell-escape function
too. By default shell-escape is suppressed. To invoke it you need to
use the switch:

 pdflatex -shell-escape <file>
 latex -shell-escape <file>

If you want this always, you can edit your texmf.conf to change
shell-escape=f to shell-escape=t. Recreate all the formats you usually
use. Once you have done this, you can invoke shell escape whenever you
run the TeX/pdfTeX compiler.

    Rai> It appers that movie.sh is produced during compilation, not
    Rai> when one click on link.

Yes.

    Rai> That way one has to supply this file movie.sh with pdf file,
    Rai> if one is not distributing tex file.

You're right.