[Tuglist] CTAN submission -- BaKoMa TeX 3.50 (fwd)
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:08:58 +0530 (IST)
Windows users might be interested in the new release of BaKoMa TeX.
----- Forwarded message from "Basil K. Malyshev" -----
I have uploaded to ftp.dante.de/incoming/bakoma directory
update for BaKoMa TeX 3.50.
Downloaded files must replace files in 'CTAN:systems/win32/bakoma' directory.
Basil K. Malyshev
PS: Please send announce to approapriate mailing lists and news groups.
--------------- About BaKoMa TeX 3.50 ----------------------
* Graphical Capabilities
* User Interface
* PDF Generation Features
* New Features of BaKoMa TeX 3.50
For more information about BaKoMa TeX see
BaKoMa TeX is a complete TeX system for Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000.
* PostScript enabled TeX system.
Generates *PDF* from documents with *PSTricks* graphics.
* Supports using PostScript Type 1 fonts (including MM) *WITHOUT ATM*.
However, using ATM for font rendering is optionally available.
* Complete distribution including about *1500* TeX Fonts (including EC/TC, LH)
in ATM Compatible PostScript Type 1 font format.
* Consistent graphics and font support for all DVI back-ends.
* Easy to install and use.
* Much less expensive than other analogues.
BaKoMa TeX 3 includes an interpreter for *PostScript Level 2*,
which is tested for compatibility with output from popular
software such as: MetaPost, Adobe Illustrator 9.0, Adobe Streamline 4.0,
MatLab, CorelDraw, CorelXARA, HIGZ, PageDraw, FrameMaker, ImageMagick, etc.
All DVI back-ends support the same special interface compatible
with well known Rokicki's DVIPS, including processing PostScript
embedded into DVI files (PSTricks, XyPic, etc.).
The system includes Graphics Import Filters for the following formats:
PostScript, HPGL, DXY, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, MSP, BMP.
BaKoMa TeX supports the following font formats:
* PostScript Type 1 (including Multiple Masters),
* PostScript Type 3,
* TeX PK/VF.
The system includes about *1500* typefaces in PostScript Type 1
and Type 3 font format including the following fonts:
* CM (including LaTeX and Logo fonts + vf for T1 with CX
* AMS Fonts (Euler, Math Symbols),
* LH (T2A),
* Concrete (Math, ECC),
* CMCyr + vf for T2A/LCY
* Scripting fonts, CMPica, Punk.
* Stmaryrd, Wasy, Rsfs, YHMath, BlackBoard (bbm, doublestroke).
Diagram drawing fonts:
* Lams, Astro Symbols (cmastro, astrosym, moonphase),
* Barcodes (barcodes, wlean, wlc*), Logical (loggates, milstd),
* timing, MusiXTeX, Chess/CChess, Go, Backgammon, Dingbats/NiceFrame. etc.
Any font type can be used for any output device/format.
This feature is supported by automatic font conversion
between font formats when needed.
This feature enables the rendering of Type 1 fonts *without ATM*.
On the other hand, it enables the use of TrueType/OpenType fonts
for generating PostScript printed even on PostScript Level 1 printers.
* One touch key for TeX + Preview + other customizable postprocessors,
* Typesetting a selected part of a document (styles may be precompiled as format).
* Quick navigation via document structure,
* DVI Forward/Reverse search (format independent),
* Powerful support for different input encodings,
* Project support,
* Graphics import assistant,
* Assitance for multi-file documents:
context sensitive openning of included text and graphics files,
* Searching for TeX errors using the TeX log file,
* Searching for help for TeX commands in entire document collection,
* Syntax highlighting is configurable for catcodes and command dictionaries,
* Control Bars and menus for inserting Math Symbols and other commands,
* Spell Checker is configurable for handling (La)TeX commands.
* Automatic creation of a BB-file for non-PostScript graphics.
* View on Windows Display.
* Print on any printer supported by a MS Windows driver.
* PostScript (really scalable),
Important feature of BaKoMa TeX is consistent graphics and font support
for all types of output. This means that all font formats mentioned
may be used for every type of output. This also means that all graphical
capabilities mentioned are supported for every type of output.
PDF GENERATION FEATURES
* Handling in-line PostScript in DVI files (PSTricks).
* Creating PDF files which share fonts.
Suitable for preparing CD-ROM based document libraries.
* Embedding fonts in CFF requires 2--3 times less space then other font forms.
* Handles HyperTeX (HyperRef) and document outline.
NEW FEATURES OF BAKOMA TEX 3.50 in comparison with BAKOMA TEX 3.20
* Customizable Toolbar is available in Text Editor and DVI Viewer.
* Toolbar icons are displayed at left edge of menus.
* Tool tips are displayed for toolbar (including Control bars and GUI Bar).
* Tips for editor menu are displayed in status bar.
* Menu item and toolbar controls are automatically enabled/disabled
according to context.
* Popup menu is invoked by right mouse button.
* Font Highlighting in DVI Viewer was improved:
(1) font/color table is dislayed in dialog box;
(2) colors may be customizable.
* `Insert|Wrapping Selection' is new flag which
enables insertion of LaTeX environment and other commands
around selected text.
* TeX Control Bar includes new options:
embed Source Info,
encpsualate DVI color stacks,
automatical launching of DVI viewer.
* `Search|Find...' supports matching whole word only.
Search options: `Match case' and 'Match whole word only' was added
to Search/Replace control bar.
* `Window|Duplicate' was improved to inherit cursor position, viewport
position, window size, and region selection from original window.
* `Options|Appearance ...' controls appearance of Menu Tips, Menu Icons,
Toolbar tips, Dialog tips, and sizes of dialogs and control bars.
Cached TrueType fonts may be automatically deinstalled after exiting
last copy of DVI Viewer. This approach hides TeX fonts for another
applications. This feature may be enabled/disabled from dialog
opened from `DVIEW:Options|Font Convertor Cache ...'.
* `BaKoMa\CENTAUR.MNU' includes binding of menu and keystrokes
for Centaur Text Editor.
* `BaKoMa\DVIEW.MNU' includes binding of menu and keystrokes
for DVI Viewer.
* `FileHook' is new resource category
intended for automatical running a preprocessors.
* `BaKoMa\OIF\OUT.OIF' - Fixing problem with converting unicoded outlines.
* Fixed problem observed on PostScript files produced by Matlab.
It was looking that some Up-Right fonts displayed as italic on display.
(The problem was not distort PDF and PostScript output)
For more information about changes see
---------- End of BaKoMa TeX Information ----------