[Tuglist] TeX based solution for News Paper layout

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@mail.gnu.org.in
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:01:30 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 at 11:46, Nagarjuna G. wrote:

   If there is a TeX/LaTeX based solutions available for News
   paper and Magazine production, could you inform me.

I am yet to hear about a TeX package that can handle a News Paper,
though magazines are not a problem. But switching from WYSIWYG
publishing systems to TeX is a non-trivial job as the page makeup
process is built upon diametrically opposite paradigms.

I reliably learnt that the New Indian Express did a lot of work to
switch their newspaper production entirely on GNU/Linux and indeed
they wrote their own typesetting system, I am curious to know their
current status.