[tlu] new beta

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Jun 23 20:39:37 CEST 2018

> Le 23 juin 2018 à 16:57, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> a écrit :
>
> This shouldn't be noticeable to users; my only concern is that you get notification of tlgpg updates and critical updates at the same time, since you can only have one alert sheet up at a time. However, that's going to be extremely rare, and sorted out after a relaunch.

OK, I'll try to remember that next time TLU signals there's a critical update available: do nothing, close TLU, decrease the revision number for tlgpg.x64_darwin by 1 in texlive.tlpdb, launch TLU, see what happens.

Actually next week I was planning, time allowing, to reinstall my TeX setup from scratch (for the moment it's still MacTeX 2017, plus the original MacTeX 2018 beta from tlpretest updated with TLU): erase everything, install the current MacTeX 2018 package, update with TLU, put my local additions back.

I assume the above situation will arise then. Or maybe this will be something different: in addition to the alert sheet for the texlive critical infra update, the sheet for the initial tlgpg install instead of the sheet for a tlgpg update. I don't  know whether the problem would arise then. We'll see.

Bruno