[tlu] new beta

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Jun 23 12:32:26 CEST 2018

> Le 23 juin 2018 à 12:00, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> a écrit :
>
> Same here: is there an easy way to trick TLU into considering tlgpg needs to be updated?
>
> I thought about editing texlive.tlpdb, [...]
>
> The above seems to say tlgpg is just the README file while tlgpg.x86_64-darwin is the binary. But are they independent?

Well, based on (1) the revision number for tlgpg being 1 while that for tlgpg.x86_64-darwin is higher, and (2) tlpkg/installer/gpg/README being from 2016 while tlpkg/installer/gpg/gpg.x86_64-darwin is from a week ago, it seems tlpgpg is the gpg infrastructure and doesn't need to be updated, while tlgpg.x86_64-darwin is the binary itself which we wants TLU to update.

So I took the plunge: edited texlive.tlpbd to decrease the revision # for tlgpg.x86_64-darwin from 10 to 9. Voilà:

and gpg is reinstalled as it should.

Moreover, regarding what's actually taking place:

> In other words, when you wrote "a manual check in the background if it's installed", did you mean (1) you check whether gpg is installed (based on whether the binary is present maybe?) and (2) then, if it is,  "sudo tlmgr --repo http://www.preining.info/tlgpg update tlgpg"?

The TLU log reports

Successfully executed `/Library/TeX/texbin/tlmgr --machine-readable --repository http://www.preining.info/tlgpg/ update --list --all`

Found 1 tlgpg packages to update from http://www.preining.info/tlgpg/

Successfully executed `/Library/TeX/texbin/tlmgr --machine-readable --repository http://mirrors.rit.edu/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/ update --list --all`

so it seems you use tlmgr to check http://www.preining.info/tlgpg/ in addition to the current repository, and if an update is found

tlu_ipctask checking in: pid = 2913 (/Library/TeX/texbin/tlmgr --machine-readable --repository http://www.preining.info/tlgpg/ --persistent-downloads install --reinstall tlgpg)

kqueue noted that pid 2913 exited (/Library/TeX/texbin/tlmgr --machine-readable --repository http://www.preining.info/tlgpg/ --persistent-downloads install --reinstall tlgpg)

then you use tlmgr again to apply it, in parallel to the updates from the current repo.

All neat, fine and successful!

Bruno