[tlu] how to install gnupg through TeXLive Utility

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Jan 16 16:46:03 CET 2017

> On Jan 15, 2017, at 16:43 , Jonathan Jacobs <jonathandjacobs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I downloaded and installed TeXLive Utility and on the first run, it asked to enable security. I clicked ok, but the installation failed. How can I install gnupg through TeXLive Utility when that happens? It doesn't ask my again on a second launch, and there doesn't seem to be a preference or menu item that enables it.

If you can find the log output from that session (Window menu in TLU), I'd like to see what actually failed.

If you do a search for tlgpg in TLU or use `tlmgr info gpg` in Terminal, does it show as installed? If it's not installed, TLU will prompt you to install it, unless you picked the checkbox on the alert that tells it not to prompt.

Adam