[tlu] [MacTeX] GPG, TLU, and... TLCrypto.pm error

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 15:03:51 CEST 2016

On Apr 26, 2016, at 9:01 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:

>> On Apr 26, 2016, at 18:40 , Bob Kerstetter <bkerstetter at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> The solution is unusual.
>>
>> Setting "Allow apps downloaded from:" to "anywhere,"  allows TLU to open. Mavericks just displayed the normal warning about it being downloaded from the Internet.
>
> That's not a solution! You should _not_ have to adjust that setting and lower your security to run TLU.

It is certainly not standard behavior. But after the initial run,

> Either Xcode signed it in a way that's incompatible with Mavericks, or the download was corrupted. Retrying the download is the first thing to try, and we can check some things with codesign, like this
>
> $ codesign -vvv /path/to/TeX\ Live\ Utility.app

Mavericks had the same results with downloads from Safari and Firefox.

Here is the output from codesign:

$ codesign -vvv /Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX\ Live\ Utility.app
--prepared:/Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/Frameworks/FileView.framework/Versions/Current/.
--validated:/Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/Frameworks/FileView.framework/Versions/Current/.
--prepared:/Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/Current/.
--validated:/Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/Current/.
--prepared:/Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/DVIImporter.mdimporter
--validated:/Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/DVIImporter.mdimporter
/Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app: code object is not signed at all
In subcomponent: /Users/corvus/Downloads/TeX Live Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/agent_installer.py

>> Now my dumb question. I have never used TLU and just update annually. Because I am running the test system, what TLU repository am I supposed to use for the beta? The default for TLU does not work. Again, sorry about the dumb question.
>
> Any of the pretest repositories.
>
> https://www.tug.org/texlive/mirmon/

Thanks.