[tlu] [MacTeX] GPG, TLU, and... TLCrypto.pm error

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 03:40:03 CEST 2016

Thanks.

The solution is unusual.

Setting "Allow apps downloaded from:" to "anywhere,"  allows TLU to open. Mavericks just displayed the normal warning about it being downloaded from the Internet.

My normal setting is "Mac App Store and identified developers." But I run several application from outside this category and normally just have to override to get them run. I use my Mac with a standard account, not an admin because of my unix experience with Solaris and BSD. But using a standard never causes this type of message. Who knows. All fine, now.

Now my dumb question. I have never used TLU and just update annually. Because I am running the test system, what TLU repository am I supposed to use for the beta? The default for TLU does not work. Again, sorry about the dumb question.

Thanks for your help.