[tlu] new beta

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at me.com
Sat Oct 10 17:51:06 CEST 2015

> On Oct 10, 2015, at 03:49 , Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> - I launched TLU from a Guest account (hence no user prefs on launch), and still get exactly the same. Again, where does TLU's insistence on /usr/texbin come from in this case?

The default is still /usr/texbin (it can be changed in the preferences), and the defaults write command that you ran would have set it to /usr/texbin. So that's expected behavior. What I don't understand is why you're getting the wrong error message :(.

BTW, you can no longer remove pref files manually, since Apple caches them in weird places. You have to use the defaults command to modify or reset _anything_ now.

Can you copy the log output here? That might give me a clue on what code path it's taking.

thanks,
Adam