[tlu] beta with texdist switching

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri May 1 15:16:53 CEST 2015

Adam Maxwell,

It works! Thank you. Thank you.

(It goes without saying that I won’t put this in MacTeX-2015 unless you give permission
or you release without a beta label.)

At first, people will notice that it cannot switch between universal-darwin and x86_64-darwin,
comparing it to the Pref Pane. But I don’t think that feature is necessary (and didn’t put it in
my Local Pane). Then 64 bit processors were first introduced, users wanted to rapidly
switch so they could compare speeds, and see if important features still worked. Those
days are long gone.

Dick Koch