[tlu] tlcritical with fix for paper size

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Jun 30 04:12:10 CEST 2015

A followup, this time sticking to the actual subject:

> On Jun 29, 2015, at 21:49, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 24, 2015, at 21:52, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Norbert says that tlcritical has a fix for the papersize
>> log problem that has been reported elsewhere, in case
>> anyone has time to download and try it. Hold down Option
>> while the Actions menu is open and you'll get an item to
>> install from the critical repo.
>
> Just did this, with TLU 1.21.  Got the critical update with no problems.  Then a normal update with 6-8 new items.  At the end, I got “Update Succeeded” and the following left over in the viewer.  I assume this is because of an “out of band” update of the critical stuff.

The log file, after the run referred to above, shows these entries referring to “paper”:

2015-06-29 23:07:49 +0000 Notice -[TLMMainWindowController _paperSizeCheckTerminated:][48555]	Unable to determine current paper size for pdftex
2015-06-29 23:07:49 +0000 Notice -[TLMMainWindowController _paperSizeCheckTerminated:][48555]	System paper size = letter, pdftex paper size = (null)
2015-06-29 23:11:39 +0000 Notice tlu_ipctask[48689]	Updating dccpaper

However, I just reran TLU, and without any actions, I get this in the log:

2015-06-30 02:08:41 +0000 Notice -[TLMMainWindowController _paperSizeCheckTerminated:][49871]	System paper size = letter, pdftex paper size = letter

I guess all’s well something something something.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large