[tlu] Repository pinning

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Sep 12 03:25:13 CEST 2014

> Le 12 sept. 2014 à 02:17, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> a écrit :
>
> Quick question: is anyone using this,

No. Didn't even know this existed.

> or would definitely use it if TLU supported it?

Probably not.

> If you don't know what I'm asking about, man tlmgr and search for pinning :).

Just done that. This seems like a highly specialized use, of interest only for a few people in rather specific circumstances. Hence the preceding answer.

Like Herb, I generally just apply all updates from the default repository, or pick up a specific one (the French IRCAM mirror) when the default isn't working well. Other than that is during TeX Live pretest, when picking up the pretest repo. That's about it as far as I'm concerned, I've never micromanaged things on a per package basis.

Bruno