[tlu] (no subject)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Dec 30 16:19:00 CET 2014

> Le 30 déc. 2014 à 15:57, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> a écrit :
>
>> On Dec 30, 2014, at 7:53 AM, Seyhan Kâhya <kahya.se at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> After checking updates, being told that there are 431 critical updates to install and after giving my permission to install by typing my password an error occurs:
>>
>> "The update failed."
>>
>> [...]
>> 2014-12-30 13:50:54 +0000 Warning tlu_ipctask[40162]	./runme.sh: Cannot find TeX Live root using kpsewhich --var-value=SELFAUTOPARENT.
>> 2014-12-30 13:50:54 +0000 Warning tlu_ipctask[40162]	./runme.sh: Please set your PATH as needed, otherwise it's hopeless.
>
> There was a problem with one of the install scripts for the critical update. that has been fixed but it may take a few days before all the repositories have the update. Once that happens the Critical Update will proceed and then you'll be able to udpate everything else.

Things were fixed finally for me today, for the repository <http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/mirrors/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/> that was picked up automatically by the installer.

It seems the update fails, with the error message above, if the version of texlive.infra that you try to install is 35887, but it succeeds if the version is 35898 or above.

Hence I would recommend using the Configure > Manage Repositories menu to try several nearby repositories until you find one offering version 35898. Or just wait a couple of days, until the update reaches all repositories.

Bruno Voisin