[tlu] Yosemite workaround

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Aug 7 20:32:51 CEST 2014

I just filed a bug report on this with Apple. Feel free to file more; it's a terrible bug, IMNSHO. If Apple doesn't fix it, TLU is basically done for on Yosemite.

My test project is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ahsypbajt0umf6/environtest.zip

Basically, it sets the path, then runs an external task /usr/bin/env to dump the environment, and also looks at NSProcessInfo and _NSGetEnviron() (see the man page for environ(7) for details).

Note that output is different if you launch this in Xcode vs. double-click in Finder! That's the key to this whole mess, and I apologize to Dick for sending him on a wild-goose chase thinking I had this fixed.

Adam