[tldoc] texdoc -l libertine

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Thu Nov 29 00:14:54 CET 2012

 >|Not after libertineotf has been removed. On my installation:
 >|
 >|$ texdoc -l libertine
 >| 1 /home/norbert/tl/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/README
 >|   = Readme (primary package documentation)
 >| 2 /home/norbert/tl/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/Bugs.txt
 >| 3 /home/norbert/tl/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/ChangeLog.txt
 >| 4 /home/norbert/tl/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/LICENCE.txt
 >| 5 /home/norbert/tl/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/ToDo.txt
 >|Please enter the number of the file to view, anything else to skip: ^C
 >|
 >|so a normal
 >|$ texdoc libertine
 >|will show the README as you wished.

A normal texdoc libertine produces a "non-existent file" message on my
system.  And libertineotf has been removed:

  % tlmgr info libertineotf
  tlmgr: package repository http://mirror.its.dal.ca/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet
  tlmgr: cannot find package libertineotf
  % texdoc -l libertine
   1 /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertineotf/libertine.pdf
   :

 >|> Will this eventually sort itself out, with a re-indexing or similar?
 >|
 >|It has already.

On your system. Apparently not on mine. But I did have a system crash
near the end of the most recent update so that might explain it.

I've now resolved the problem by removing and re-installing libertine.

Bob T.