[tldoc] [tldev] no more \write18

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Oct 20 07:39:10 CEST 2009

On Di, 20 Okt 2009, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Karl Berry wrote:
>
> > I have updated all the documentation except Chinese (writing separately
> > to those folks) to remove the mentions of the \write18 option in the
> > installer [now removed] and the two paragraphs about \write18 in the
> > "Present" [now disabled] section.  I added
> > \begin{comment}...\end{comment} in the latter case.
> >
> > Hopefully my editing and/or recompiling did not corrupt every
> > 8-or-more-bit character in the tex and/or pdf and/or html.  Please check
> > if you have a chance.
> >
> > http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf/doc/texlive/
> > (may not be there for an hour or so, as I write this, I just did the
> > commit.)
>
> Please include in your translations also the following changes
> (diff -u against rev. 15840 found on svn, as Karl wrote above).
> Also install-lnx-main.png should be changed, but I do not know
> who made that ("Allow execution of restricted list...." to remove).

I posted some explanation why it might be BAD to disable that
option and better to leave it and add a bug report !!!!!!!!

Karl ... up to you.

Best

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining at jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining at logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining at debian.org