[tldoc] TL'08 documentation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 12 16:45:48 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

Well, it's finally getting to be time to think about the documentation
updates for TeX Live 2008.  There are a fair number of changes this
year, since we're introducing a new installer and package manager.
Siep has been working on the English version, and I hope we'll be ready
to give it over for translation updates in a few more days.

The main reason I'm writing now is to see if we need to recruit more
translators.  So if the timing is bad and you know you won't be able to
work on it quickly, please let me know.

The good news is that we are now able to update packages over the net,
so translations can be updated/added after the release.  Having an old
version on the physical DVD should not be too much of a problem, since
the document is small.

Thanks,
Karl

Here's the list as I currently comprehend it:

Czech/Slovak - Petr S., Java
German - Klaus
French - Daniel F.
Polish - Staszek