[tldoc] windows-forbidden character in a filename in the TL SVN

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jun 23 02:04:52 CEST 2008

Karl Berry scripsit (22.06.2008 17:44)
> Robin, can you fix it in your master one way or another?

It's fixed in

ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/uk-tex-faq/FAQ-html.tar.gz

and also in TL since a few minutes (r8945), with the new name
FAQ-inst-miktexstar.html

> Manuel, I wonder if we should add a little check to the end of place
> for filenames having "strange" characters.

Well, right now the little check is our eyes: I saw it and reported it to
Robin, but didn't imagine that a star in a filename could break svn checkouts,
I wouldn't have committed the change if I knew.  But you're right, such a
check would be good (either in place, or routinely run against texlive.tlpdb).

Manuel.