[tldistro] papersize configuration in separate files

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 1 01:40:43 CEST 2014

Hi Norbert,

    * factorization of paper configuration

I can see arguments on both sides, as far as upstream TL goes.  So,
since the status quo doesn't seem clearly better to me, I'm ok with
applying the change.  (I trust no paper sizes got removed, etc.)  Can
you do that when you have a chance?  I'll add a note to the TL news,
since it is quite user-visible.

    +#include XDvi-paper

Did you test that with upstream TL such that we're sure it actually
finds the new XDvi-paper file?  (That is, assuming it's configured to
find the XDvi resource file in the first place -- I don't know whether
that happens out of the TL box, kind of doubt it.)

I know (think I remember) that X passes resources files through cpp, but
not whether it includes the directory where the original res file is
found.

Thanks,