[tldistro] patches for TeX Live 2014?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 30 14:44:05 CEST 2014

Hi Peter, hi all,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> I have just applied your patch for texk/mendexk, replacing sprintf by
> snprintf.

Thanks.

> In my opinion the zlib version check is only useful for distro builds, and
> even there the distro maintainers are responsible to update luatex/luajittex
> whenever they update libz.  And if a user installs a newer zlib version
> he/she is also responsible to upgrade luatex/luajittex.  But perhaps Karl
> thinks differently.

The point is that the check *should*not*be*necessary*

Between
	zlib version 1.2.7
and
	zlib version 1.2.8
there *should* not be any incompatibilities.

Unfortunately the current code checks for 1.2.7 (5 digits) instead
of only 3 digits (up to 1.2). Of course checking for 1.2 or 1.1 or
1.1 makes sense, but not 1.2.7 versus 1.2.8 or similar ...

But that is just my personal opinion.

Norbert