[tldistro] manual page meta-information in tlpdb?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Oct 19 12:36:04 CEST 2013

Hi Edd,

> I have a request. I want to be able to distinguish manual pages from other
> documentation, as I would like to be able to install the manual pages and
> the runfiles together without the rest of the documentation.  As it stands

Yeah, that is what I am doing, too ... in Debian.

But when installing docfiles (or not installing docfiles)
I match the docfiles against man/man?/... and if that matches,
the file will be handled separately.

> What would the TeX Live developers think of adding a new file type to
> the tlpdb such as 'manfiles'?

Strongly against ... the file types have a strong relation to
the packaging of the tlpobj containers, and introducing
a new category would create a lot of havoc.

Esp, since it should be *easy* to
	for my $f ($pkg->docfiles) {
	  if ($f =~ m!texmf-dist/doc/man/man./!) {
	    # do something with the files
	  }
	}
or similar for whatever language you are using.

Norbert