[tldistro] porting problem

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Fri Jul 27 13:25:28 CEST 2012

I am trying to port texlive to the FreeBSD ports. The number of issues
building the system was quite low. Using system libraries, building
and installing works fine.

My problem is that no .fmt files are installed and fmtutil(-sys)
does nothing:

# fmtutil-sys --enablefmt pdflatex  1 /usr/local/share/texmf
fmtutil: initial config file is `/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf'
fmtutil: configuration file unchanged.
# fmtutil-sys --listcfg
# fmtutil-sys --all

I'm kinda clueless what to do from here. Everything I've found so
far does not apply to my case.

I can supply a list of files installed by texlive, dependencies,
whatever you might deem helpful.

Faithfully,
Kami