[tldistro] Perl/Tk and TeXLive 2011

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Dec 24 01:24:15 CET 2011

Hi Miroslav,

this has nothing to do with *distribution* support. This list is
targetted ad *packagers* of TeX Live for distributions, not for user
support. You should contact Ubuntu for that.

But ...

On Do, 22 Dez 2011, Miroslav Gojic wrote:
> ./install-tl -gui I get this message:
> No protocol specified
> perl/Tk unusable, cannot create main windows.
> Error message from creating MainWindow:
>   couldn't connect to display ":0" at
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.12.4/Tk/MainWindow.pm line 53.
> Tk::MainWindow->new() at ./install-tl line 337

YOu probably are running the script from an ssh session without X forwarding?
Or you don't have X running? Or you have something else set up.

THe point is that you have an X error here where we *cannot* help.

Can you run this minimal script:
	use Tk;
	my $mw = Tk::MainWindow->new;
	Tk::MainLoop();
in your perl environment? It should show an empty window?

Best wishes

Norbert