[tldistro] [tlbuild] patches for TeX Live

Robby Workman rworkman at slackware.com
Fri Aug 26 15:41:18 CEST 2011

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Martin Schröder wrote:

> 2011/8/26 Robby Workman <rworkman at slackware.com>:
>> Agreed.  Unless I'm missing something obvious, that's one of the three
>> choices that distros have though:
>
> What does Slackware do?

I build the release tarballs, and unless something external forces me
to look at them again (e.g. poppler API break, which has since caused
me to use the bundled poppler instead of the one on the system), or
a user mails with specific problems and includes a link to patches,
I don't touch them again until the next year's release.  For a small
admin team like Slackware has, it's practically impossible to do much
more than that.

> If no OS uses the branch it's not needed.

If such a branch actually exists, it would be news to me.
All I can say is that I would *definitely* make use of a patches
branch if it existed.

-RW