[tldistro] warning message for tlmgrgui for next release

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jun 1 22:03:20 CEST 2008

Hi all,

as you probably know we have a perl/Tk based frontend to the new TeX
Live Manager (tlmgr).

In the perl script I am trying to load Tk.pm and catch the error, now I
want to echo something useful to stdout so that people know that they
have to install something in case of errors.

I have currently:
	Cannot load Tk, thus the GUI cannot be started!
	The Perl/Tk module is not shipped with the TeX Live installation.
	You have to install it to get tlmgr GUI running.

One could add:
	For Debian/Ubuntu: aptitude install perl-tk
	For SuSE: ????????????
	For Fedora: ????????????
	For XXXX: ???????????

Any ideas? Should we forget about that or could you provide a more
extensive list?

Best wishes

Norbert