[tldistro] libxpdf vs poppler

Alexis Ballier aballier at gentoo.org
Sun Apr 20 17:57:44 CEST 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:48:17 +0200
Frank Küster <frank at kuesterei.ch> wrote:

> Alexis Ballier <aballier at gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > The checks for poppler can probably be improved (like not using
> > pkgconfig as afaict it would be the only one in texlive that uses
> > it; and definitely not using it for the first time under an 'if'
> > without initialising it with PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG somewhere else).
>
> How portable is pkgconfig, I mean will it work on non-Linux OSes?

Non linux, that's for sure. Non unix, I wouldn't be so confident.
For ex. vlc makes heavy use of pkgconfig and supports windows, but
maybe it is not that easy.

Anyway, this sounds silly to me to mess with pkgconfig while its
probably not needed, but I haven't succeeded in writing a sane
pure autoconf check for libpoppler because it is a c++ library...

Alexis.