[tldistro] libxpdf vs poppler

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 16 10:50:40 CEST 2008

On Mi, 16 Apr 2008, Martin Schröder wrote:
> > We use also libpoppler in fedora. I attach the patch. It is not the
> >  cleanest patch ever for the part relating with building against an
> >  external poppler, but it works.
>
> This will most likely not work with TL2008 and certainly not with
> pdfTeX 1.50.

Not surprisingly, we (Fedora, Debian, SuSE, ...) will have to
adapt/create a new patch for libpoppler.

It would be nice if we (debian hat on) distro people could organize
these efforts together, as we did with Ubuntu/Debian. I guess we all
need the same patch.

Best wishes

Norbert

`...we might as well start with where your hand is now.'
Arthur said, `So which way do I go?'
on this occaision.'
He moved his hand.
is in fact the other way.'
`Oh yes.'
                 --- Arthur trying to discover which part of Fenchurch is
                 --- wrong.