[tlbuild] Upcoming ICU 66 release

Akira Kakuto kakuto at w32tex.org
Sat Dec 7 00:16:30 CET 2019

Hi Karl,

> I think this happened last year, too. What we currently have in TL is
> 63. (March 2018 maybe?). Looking at http://site.icu-project.org/, I'm
> hinking I should import 65 into TL (though 64.2 is tempting), and assume
> we will not have 66 for TL20. I.e., always a year behind their latest
> release. That doesn't sound so awful, actually :).

I'm using 65.1 in W32TeX. I believe that build process may not
differ much compared with 63.1. I hope we will have 65.1 in TL20.

I have also tested 66preview:
Build and simple tests of XeTeX seem to be OK on Windows.

XeTeX 3.14159265-2.6-0.999991 (TeX Live 2019/W32TeX)
kpathsea version 6.3.1
Copyright 2019 SIL International, Jonathan Kew and Khaled Hosny.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the XeTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the XeTeX source.
Primary author of XeTeX: Jonathan Kew.
Compiled with ICU version 66.0.1; using 66.0.1

Best,
Akira