[tlbuild] asy-2.58 build?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 00:18:30 CEST 2019

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 23:36, Karl Berry wrote:

>     np> Did I provide some asy binaries?
>
> Based on the logs, it looks like you provided x86_64-linux and
> i386-linux from Stretch for the most recent version. That asy
> binary does not run on centos7 (usual shared lib pain), but such is life.
>
> I think we did use Mojca's binaries for those at one point, and it's
> fine with me to keep doing so, if they are fine.

Not for Linux, though. You might have taken other binaries from me in
the past, but I never built asy on linux.

I still don't quite understand why I have no troubles building
asymptote on 10.6 with MacPorts, while the build hangs forever if I do
a standalone build, but for the TeX Live I submitted a version with
stripped-down functionality. I would need to play a bit with it to
figure out what exactly went wrong.

During the TL cycle I simply ran out of time (and now I need a tiny
bit extra time as well to come to it).

> Right now it seems
> https://build.contextgarden.net/#/grid seems to be reporting failure for
> Solaris, but I can't get further than that right now.

That's just a stupid misconfiguration on my side (I need to clean up
space before I change it), and that configuration isn't building
asymptote automatically anyway. I'm pretty sure that asy can be built
on Solaris (without all the fancy OpenGL sugars, but nobody ever
complained about that).