[tlbuild] asymptote-2.56 in tl sources

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 00:27:44 CEST 2019

Hi John,

Thanks for taking a look.  Just to be clear, for several years I've been
building asymptote for the Cygwin distribution by configuring with
'--enable-gc=system --enable-offscreen
--with-latex=/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex
--with-context=/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/context/third'.  The corresponding link
command line contained '-lOSMesa -lGLEW -lglut -lGL -lfftw3 -ltirpc -lreadline
-lrt -lsigsegv -lz -lm -L/usr/lib -lgc -lncurses -lgsl -lgslcblas', and the
build did not use the Win32 API.

This worked until the commit that removed the glew stuff from configure.ac and
added the glew.c source, which caused the build to fail.  Things got worse with
the commit I cited in my first email, which caused the build to fail for a
different reason (because -lfreeglut doesn't exist in the standard Cygwin
distribution), and which also caused the build to stop using the POSIX API
(e.g., for paths).

Thanks again for looking at this.

Ken