[tlbuild] About install-tl on macOS

Angelo Graziosi angelo.g0 at libero.it
Wed May 1 17:10:24 CEST 2019

> Il 1 maggio 2019 alle 16.20 Mojca Miklavec <> ha scritto:
>

> This is the wrong mailing list for the question as it has nothing to
> do with the concerted effort of people building TeX Live sources.
> If you want to discuss it further, please first read the old archives
> (from February - April) of the tex-live mailing list and ask there
> (please don't continue the discussion here as this is clearly the
> wrong audience).

I don't think so.. this is a change in development of TL..

> In any case you can get the old functionality back with "./install-tl
> -gui=text". The flag works precisely the same way on all *nix systems,

I know this, I follows TL since 2007 and in the past I have built TL for almost 7 years..

> so you can use the same command to install TL across a wide variety of
> systems.

This is wrong. A script usually is started from command line and should work in command line. If the art of computer programming allow for GUI then it should be optional and not the default. WHY on macOS it should behave differently? It does not make sense!

I am surprised that this change has been approved...