[tlbuild] TeX Live 2019 build status at Utah

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Thu Apr 11 23:28:28 CEST 2019

I've been working quietly behind the scenes to try to build TeX Live
2019 on as many systems as possible, and can now announce this updated
site that reports what is available, and how I did the builds:

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah-2019/

That site is very active, and is being updated several times a day
over the last few weeks.

Similarly-named sites for 2016, 2017, and 2018 remain available.

In the last two days, we have made important progress in figuring out
how to build asymptote on platforms where it currently fails to
compile, and forthcoming fixes should make it even easier to do so.

Last weekend, I found a way to build TeX Live, minus asymptote and
xetex, on older GNU/Linux systems that lack support for C++11 and
later standard versions of that language.  The relevant notes are
found in the section on CentOS 6.

As I do these builds, I start with a fresh pull of a daily snapshot of
the TeX Live source tree, and the resulting tar files of binary
executables are timestamp-patched to match their contained TeX
executable.  As time permits, I'll do rebuilds on some platforms to
incorporate the latest source code updates, of which there have been
quite a lot this year.