[tlbuild] tl-update-containers only creates an empty package

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:38:09 CEST 2019

Dear list,

This probably comes at an inconvenient time, amidst all the TeX Live 2019
stress, but I have a question.

I want to build a custom TeX Live repo for PGF/TikZ which can be used similar
to tlcontib.  To this end I reformat the directory into TeX Live tree structure
and run tl-update-tlpdb and tl-update-containers on it.  Unfortunately, this
only creates and empty pgf.tar.xz package for me (only tlpkg/tlpobj/pgf.tlpobj
is inside) and the resulting texlive.tlpkg says

    [...]
    name pgf
    category Package
    revision 0
    relocated 1
    [...]

The steps to reproduce are:

    $ git clone https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf
    $ bash build.sh

The contents of build.sh can be found below.  What am I doing wrong?

Cheers, Henri

---------------------------

#!/bin/bash

set -ex

# Copy sources to TeX tree
mkdir -p texmf-dist/web2c
cp -r doc source tex texmf-dist

# Prepare tlpkg
mkdir -p tlpkg/tlpsrc
rsync -avzP --delete --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc/Master/tlpkg/tlpsrc/00texlive.*.tlpsrc tlpkg/tlpsrc/
rsync -avzP --delete --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc/Master/tlpkg/tlpsrc/pgf.tlpsrc tlpkg/tlpsrc/
rsync -avzP --delete --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc/Master/tlpkg/bin/ tlpkg/bin/
rsync -avzP --delete --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc/Master/tlpkg/installer/ tlpkg/installer/
rsync -avzP --delete --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc/Master/tlpkg/TeXLive/ tlpkg/TeXLive/

# Target directory
mkdir -p tlnet/

# Build
perl tlpkg/bin/tl-update-tlpdb -from-git -master "${PWD}"
perl tlpkg/bin/tl-update-containers -master "${PWD}" -location "${PWD}/tlnet" -all -recreate -no-sign

# Clean up
rm -rf texmf-dist
rm -rf tlpkg