[tlbuild] asy2.49 build

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:35:45 CEST 2019

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 14:59, John Bowman wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 12:06 AM Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 23:57, Karl Berry wrote:
>> >
>> >     (2) On FreeBSD I have the same issue with GC
>> >
>> > Let's not worry about asy on freebsd for the tl release. I'll delete
>> > those binaries.
>>
>> You may wait two more days to see if we can fix those issues with the
>> author of GC (we're in the process).
>
> It would certainly be good to be able to use a more up-to-date gc in the future, but for now, since time is short,
> why not simply compile with gc-7.6.2 like we did last year to get around this issue on affected platforms?

At the time when I tested it, it didn't really help.

But I admit that I didn't have an excessive amount of time (I was
playing with it short before falling dead into the bed). I need to
retest again. I suspect that not all the files are cleaned up or
recompiled as would be needed, and it could be that I didn't start
from a clean repository.