[tlbuild] asy on Macintosh

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:49:23 CET 2019

Dear Dick,

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 12:39, Richard Koch wrote:

> I looked at memory.h, which turned out to refer to the Boehm garbage collector, and it loaded "map" from the Mac. This is the information I sent to John Bowman, who wrote back that he had hoped issues with the garbage collector were fixed and he could update, but perhaps not. Then he gave me a flag to revert to the earlier Boehm version and these errors did not occur.
>
> I don't know what might be different in MacPorts because I deliberately don't install non-Mac compiling stuff on this machine. I did look at the Boehm site and was surprised that I didn't find notes about this compile problem.

I believe that part of my message was too hidden:
- MacPorts uses version 8.0.4 (and it works)
- when I compiled the version from TL (outside of macports) against
8.0.4 on 10.6, it worked
- release notes for 8.0.4 explicitly claim to have fixed issues on Mac
- note that this version is NEWER than the one you failed to compile
with; you had issues with 8.0.2 (I didn't even try that one)

Can you try to switch to a newer version instead of the older one?
    https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/releases