[tlbuild] Missing includes for zlib when building woff2 (dvisvgm)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 10:36:26 CET 2019

Dear Martin,

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 21:03, Martin Gieseking wrote:

> > The file dvisvgm-src/libs/ff-woff/Makefile actually contains the
> > correct definition of ZLIB_INCLUDES, but it's not used anywhere. It's
> > only used inside of
> >      dvisvgm-src/src/Makefile:AM_CFLAGS = $(WARNING_CFLAGS)
> > $(ZLIB_INCLUDES) $(CODE_COVERAGE_CFLAGS) \
> > just not in any of the libs.
>
> Thanks for the clarification and the additional info. ZLIB_INCLUDES is
> probably a variable set by the TL build system.

I assume it's these two lines (calling another macro):
    https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source/blob/trunk/texk/dvisvgm/configure.ac#L50
   https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source/blob/trunk/texk/dvisvgm/configure.ac#L123

> In the original dvisvgm
> sources, ZLIB_CFLAGS holds the include switches. Does it help if you
> append $(ZLIB_INCLUDES) to AM_CFLAGS in file libs/ff-woff/Makefile.am?

Yes, perfect, that does the trick and leads to a successful
compilation (TL build completes to the end; I did not build xetex and
xindy though).

Maybe TeX Live could populate the ZLIB_CFLAGS variable? I don't know
what's the most generic / standard way to specify flags in such cases.