[tlbuild] xz, wget, lz4 updates

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Mar 1 23:12:44 CET 2019

> A totally serious question: do we still need or want to provide wget
> binaries for Darwin?

I guess it is better to have then not. Even as the last fallback.

> What do we use lz4 for and should any special flags be used? Is there

Nothing I know of.

> a plan to switch from xz to lz4 in the future?

No, because lz4 compresses not as good as xz unless using highest
compression algorithm, which in turn is very slow.
lz4 is nice for intermediate containers because at normal/low
compression rates it is **very** fast.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer