[tlbuild] tl19 schedule and cweb(bin)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 08:57:58 CET 2019

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 08:17, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jan 2019, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > Agreed. In particular we need to disable building of xasy which is now
> > using AFAIR python with Qt bindings - AFAIR.
>
> Hmm, well, maybe not disable. I have the latest asy in Debian including
> xasy, but I guess we need to write docs what kind of modules people have
> to install.

No, I would definitely not disable it. The issue is that at the moment
not even the regular asymptote builds for me, firstly because it fails
to find some Qt binaries (they have a different name in MacPorts, to
account for the ability to switch between different python version). I
first patched asy build system to find those binaries, but then it
kept failing elsewhere. My understanding is that the situation is
similar to autotools & flex & other prerequisites in TL build system:
the tools are not strictly needed as long as someone runs them
upfront.

I'm still pretty optimistic about the builds of asymptote, it's just
that we need to start the integration and polishing the issues as soon
as possible, else we'll run in circles and way behind the schedule,
with a new asy version released every other day, as is usually the
case around some TL release cycles :)

One could probably build those python/qt bindings "statically", but
that's most likely outside the scope of distributing TeX Live.